inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, January 19, 2009

getting started

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. -Anais Nin

I believe that for anyone to create one's world in the arts takes courage. -Georgia O'Keefe

To dare to be aware of the facts of the universe in which we are existing calls for courage. 
-Wilfred Bion

For so many reasons, I am feeling courageous today, as I launch my blog.  I'm a techno dinosaur, and have a lot to learn about the nuts and bolts of blogging. Not sure who might find their way to it, who might read it...but I am putting SEW AND SOW LIFE out into the universe to see what happens. My intention is to post often, with pictures of what I've been working on in my studio, kitchen and our place in Vermont.  I'm hoping to become more  accountable to myself for the time and energy I spend in this world.  By recording some of it, in a public space, I may make connections with some of you, with similar aspirations.  I am blessed with a bunch of wonderful kids, a college sweetheart husband and close friends and family and I'll invite occasional posts from some of them, too. 

And my sense of courage pales in comparison to a certain someone in Washington, DC right now.  I am filled with relief and hope on this inauguration eve.

For all of us, "Somewhere something incredible is waiting to happen". -Carl Sagan  


6 comments:

  1. YAY MARMIE! Congrats on the launch - I look forward to everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a momentous time to launch your blog! Looking forward to seeing your work and following your musings....
    Congratulations, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very excited that you took the plunge, Karen! I can't wait to see what comes next.

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say that I love that Carl Sagan quote. Very appropos!

    Sagan is one of my personal heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your posts. I think my favorite image of Bush ever was just now as he was waving goodbye.

    ReplyDelete