inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

hot off the press!


Such excitement!  Gretta (17, and our youngest daughter) and I found copies of this new book in a package in our mailbox this afternoon.  About a year ago, our friends and mentors, Jane Davila and Elin Waterston invited us to submit pieces for consideration for inclusion in the student gallery section of their new book.  We were honored and delighted!  

(Have you seen their first book, Art Quilt Workbook ? I am lucky enough to have a few pieces in that, as well.  Such kind friends, Jane and Elin.)

Anyhow, this new book is visually beautiful and full of great ideas.  Check it out!

8 comments:

  1. We think you guys rock! I'm so glad you were part of this adventure with us - both the book and the dvd taping. Love ya both!

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to see this book!
    i am also glad to see you started a blog, i was wondering who this Karen was that left me a comment, nice to "see" you!
    where in VT are you? i've got quite a bit of in-laws up there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braintree, a tiny town just outside of Randolph, exit 4 off of route 89, smack in the middle of the state. It is magical. Check out my "birches" post from last week for a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to second the motion that you guys rock. And I might even say that you roll as well. Thank you both for playing.

    xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is soooo cool! I've got the Workbook (and have just ordered the newest book from Jane)...will have to dig into it to find your contributions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! Where can I find your art (page numbers, please!) in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for asking Vivien.

    In the Art Quilt Workbook, page 87 (3 from a series of 5 quilts, created to memorialize my Dad).

    In Art Quilts at play, pages 74 and 75. "Mad Crazy Solstice" was me messing around with Angelina fiber. "Harvest Moon" includes photos taken by two of my daughters. We're into collaborating in my family. The ATCs on page 74 are my daughter Gretta's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Braintree! my sil just sold her house in Randolph and is living with my in-laws in Barnard... it's a small world after all...

    ReplyDelete