inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, February 20, 2009

friday tidbits


Lindsey attended a workshop called "simple sourdough bread" at the NOFA conference.  She came away with a small bit of sourdough starter, which she took good care of.  She gave me a bit before she left Vermont, and I am doing my best to grow it along here in CT.  We'll see....
And this morning I have been working on another "Meadow bag".  I am using stuff from my extensive (cough, cough) fabric stash.  The two lavender pieces are actually tea towels I bought on sale years ago at a Dansk outlet in Michigan, they have been languishing in my fabric stash ever since.  Time to put them to work. This bag will go out to a benefit auction for the YWCA Genesis Shelter in Richmond, IN. Their mission is "to assist in ending the cycle of abuse". I guess every little bit helps, and that's why I'm sewing love and hope into this bag....
And tonight, Peter and I have a date to sit down and order seeds for the vegetable garden.  This is a dangerous proposition for folks like us, who are looking at snow out our windows.  The allure of green, growing things is hard to resist.  The challenge is not to order more than we can actually deal with in May, all the while, imagining the wonderful salads, soups and stir fries...... 

1 comment:

  1. Those seed catalogues are such a temptation, aren't they? I've cut way back on my garden over the years as the trees have gotten bigger blocking out more sunlight and as i've gotten too busy with other things to spend as much time as i should in the garden (plus i enjoy supporting my local Farmer's Market), but i still dream over those catalogues!

    ReplyDelete