inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

meadow bag and valentines

My oldest daughter, Lindsey, who works in Boston, found this bird and flower print fabric and asked me if I could make her a bag.  It took a long time to find a pattern she liked, and then I found it was being offered as a class at my favorite quilt shop.  The "Meadow" pattern by "Melly and me" comes from Australia. Thanks, Noreen, for a great class! We finished our bags up in class yesterday. One of the tricks was finding other coordinating fabrics that didn't compete with the bird fabric too much.  Hope Lindsey likes it!  It went into the mail this morning. 
Meanwhile, one of my best buddies, Fran (see gingko post) has been here for a few days on her way from Florida back to Maine.  Gretta took the very first nap of her life on Franny's shoulder, so this is an intergenerational best buddy kind of situation.  Gretta had an early dismissal from school, due to snow (again). So, after my class, Franny and I picked Gretta up from school and we headed home to make valentines.  The snow kept flyin' all afternoon...

2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous bag! I love the peaceful colors and elegant design. I think your friend Fran may regret coming back from Florida so soon, unless she actually enjoys a taste of winter. Very sweet that you and she and your daughter all made valentines together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bag looks rockin' marm - can't wait to get it here in Boston! congrats on 2 weeks! LOVE, L

    ReplyDelete