inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, March 2, 2009

cosmic energy

Two years ago, at the tender age of fifty, I had two bionic knees installed.  My friend Linda helped me prepare for the surgeries.  One of the things I did was get in touch with a bunch of friends and family, and asked them to keep me in their thoughts at the specific time I had the surgeries.  I asked them to imagine me, wrapped in a lovely quilt, made of lavenders, blues and soft greens, and to send me warm, healing energy.  Let's just say I felt it.  Magic.

So today I invite you to join me in sending similar thoughts to our friend Erin, 17. Gretta and I stayed with Erin and her family on our recent visit to Illinois.  Erin has been living with cancer for these past two years, and it has been a struggle of wills.  The cancer is pretty determined to have its way with Erin, but Erin is an amazing young woman and she and her family have knocked the nastiness back into the corner twice.  Erin was clear of cancer as of last October, and this week she is in the midst of bone scans, chest x-rays and MRIs to be sure she's still clear.

Most of you do not know Erin, but that does not matter.  We are all connected to one another in this world. Whatever your religious/spiritual leanings are, I ask you to send Erin and her family your love and hope this week.

I know from experience that this one little thing helps in big ways.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.


3 comments:

  1. I will definitely keep Erin in my thought and prayers.
    She sounds like an amazing young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely will keep Erin and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was struck by the fact that Mr Griffiths over on We ThreeGinger Cats recovered his health, and he had lots of people who did not know him wishing him well through the internet. I'm sure that if enough people think about someone in need some good will come of it, My late mother would call it the power of prayer. I don't know if I believe that, but I will keep Erin in my thoughts.
    I'm a follower of your blog, thank you for sharing your world with us.

    ReplyDelete