inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, April 5, 2009

little, tiny things

Tiny flowers, tiny pitchers and tea cup, with an egg for scale, as a spring centerpiece on our dining table. One of my favorite children's book series was The Borrowers, the story of a tiny family living a big world.  They would scavenge things like thread spools from the big house to use as furniture. I could get lost in those stories for an afternoon...
And remember these twigs? Check out this tiny, sweet little blossom! That's never happened before. Quite amazing.

I think I just paid my last snowplow bill. Happy spring!

p.s. The movie Australia did not get rave reviews at our house...




3 comments:

  1. I had to look twice then-I thought it was a giant egg!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    Much to catch up on...
    Love the photo of your girls! Also love the 'Get Excited and Make Things' poster! I am going to make my own, inspired by you!
    The Easter arrangement of small objects is so dear...yes, The Borrowers was a favorite of ours, too!
    And I, also, did not care for 'Australia'!!!
    Love your blog, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love the Borrowers, too! I surely hope you've paid your last snowplow bill. We're due for chilly temps again tomorrow and frost warnings for Wednesday i think, so Winter's sting is still around, even here in the (not so)sunny (not very far) South.

    ReplyDelete