inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

work in progress

I've been working on this quilt in fits and starts. Tomorrow I aim to get the quilt top finished, and onto the basting table first thing Friday morning.
These are the appliqued words that I'll work into the border. I have yet to dot the "i" in kind. I'm pretty happy with things so far, and I look forward to hunkering in tomorrow. 

I plan to machine quilt. The auction is the 18th, so I've got breathing room, with just the right amount of pressure.

I'll probably listen to VPR while I work, but may switch to music as I go...any suggestions? I need something new and different.

4 comments:

  1. Is each letter appliqued, or stenciled? I love the colors of this quilt!
    I usually listen to a book on tape from the library when I'm intent on a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking lovely! do you know these guys? http://cdbaby.com/cd/notoriousmusic I love this album (and since it's on CD baby, you can download it right away to listen to while you quilt...or listen to samples first before buying). It's a really diverse album and i listened to it straight through several times in a row driving down from New Jersey. Nice sprightly music to work to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, they are appliqued. Check out my post of March 12th
    for details.

    And thanks Judy and quiltcat for listening suggestions!

    ReplyDelete