inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, May 3, 2009

I was may-dayed by a friend!

My sweet buddy Liz left these two beautiful arrangements at my house yesterday, when she knew I wasn't home. Check out the clever use of hosta leaves, cradling some potting soil in the vase on the right. Liz has a heart of gold, and she spoils me rotten. She's a true artist when it comes to flowers and gardening.  I am so dang lucky...

(The bust was done by Peter's paternal grandmother, who studied at the Art Institute in Chicago. It is of her father, Papa George.)

The lawn at dusk on this overcast evening is emerald green. It smells like heaven in the neighborhood and the lilacs are teetering on the brink of openness.  Magical indeed.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely! and i see the artistic roots of your family run very deep indeed.

    ReplyDelete