inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, May 28, 2009

rainy day sewing

I found this fun project and asked Erin for her permission to post my results. She graciously encouraged me to share and, voila! A French press cozy, made to keep Batman's coffee warm on those chilly Vermont mornings. Do you love the birch fabric? And the antler button? (which was billed as being made from a "shed" antler, I hope that's true!) 
Yesterday, I finished another clothespin bag, made from The Impatient Patchworker, for a friend's daughter and son-in-law, who have just bought a house. They asked for spring colors/solids. I could not resist the polka dots...and I'm glad to know there's a new generation of clothesline devotees!
And here's progress on the quilt-along, still trying to stay a day or two ahead...I have added aquas, and a periwinkle too.

Henry has been encamped in his cozy bed in my sewing room all day. Such a lazy beastie. I think for both of us, time sometimes stands still in there! Hen in his bed, and moi at my sewing machine.


7 comments:

  1. As I pegged out my clothes today I thought, "I should make a peg bag" So you have inspired me to do so. Will do it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly been productive, Karen. Your colors and projects are inspiring!! You've made good use of this rainy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to accomplish things on a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a bit of blog prowling, I'd say it's rainy in too many places this week! Hope you all are making the best of this wet weather. And think of how lovely the sunshine will be when it finally returns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the French press cozy! it looks like a little grove of birch trees. The clothespin bag is lovely too...I'm looking forward to hanging out my down comforter whenever it stops raining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the birch fabric!

    I also like that you're coming out next week! Please don't forget some Harry Potter for the drive home....

    xoxo Han

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors. It looks like you were inspired by the hydrangeas. Beautiful pictures, too, by the way. I especially love the one of the birches.

    ReplyDelete