inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, June 8, 2009

back in CT

I am home again, with Hannah safely delivered, too. Henry and I had our own quiet time this morning, in the sunshine. Batman, Gretta, Hannah and I are looking forward to having supper together tonight, out on the porch. Lots of catching up to do.

Today I've written thank you notes, started laundry, a grocery list, unloaded the car, scrubbed the cooler, sorted mail...you know the drill.

And I found two treats in the pile of mail. 
  • Two books in a box. Linen Wool Cotton, by Akiko Mano (how many times have I picked it up, looked at it and put it back on the shelf???) and The Creative Entrepreneur, by Lisa Sonora Beam (thanks, Deb, for the tip).
  • A package from Cloth Paper Scissors, with the five charms from the swap! Fun, fun, fun! I will post pictures as soon as I get permission from the artists. And I'll post a pic of the charms I made and sent off.
I hope to carve out some time to get back into my studio today! My studio away from home is pretty pathetic...lots of doodles in the margins of my board of trustees notebook.

I guess today I am basically catching my breath, eh?

Much more to do today, and tomorrow is a special day here at our house...so check back.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy being home with your family. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meow to Henry from Tito. Purrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry looks like like a serene piece of sculpture!
    Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to know what you think of that book. I've been eyeing it, too, without ever having seen the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! love the furry welcoming committee, too. Thanks to your recommendation, i had a nice box in the mail recently too...i ordered The Impatient Patchworker and got it from one of amazon.com's third-party vendors...it really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome home!

    Lisa-the book is full of fairly straightforward projects. I think what I like about it is the styling. Very fresh and clean. Inspirational.

    Paula-please post pictures at your place if you try any of the projects!

    ReplyDelete