inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

charm swap

Remember my friend Elin's article in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine? The magazine sponsored a charm swap and I decided to join in. The fortune cookie charms above were my submission to the fun. I glued fortunes onto floral origami paper, trimmed them, used a laminating kit to seal them, top stitched around the edges, punched a hole and added a jump ring. Popped them in the mail and just last week an envelope from Cloth Paper Scissors arrived containing five different charms. I asked each artist for their permission to post their charms here on my blog. I heard back from three, and here they are. Aren't they FABULOUS? 
a sweet heart in hand, done by Laura Stephens
a musical note from Jenn Mason
this beauty from Carol Stocker

What a fun swap this was! I'd like to make some more, with new ideas and fill a whole charm bracelet...how cool would that be? Add that to my summer "To Do" list!

And thank you to the artists for granting me permission to share with you!

1 comment:

  1. what a fun swap! i like your fortune cookie charms and the ones you got in exchange.

    ReplyDelete