inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, June 5, 2009

a june evening

This is the quilt I made for Hannah to take to college.
Before I owned a digital camera.
And now I have one, so here's a picture of the quilt in her dorm room.
That's "Buddy" on the right.
I spent the day in meetings, working with such good people.
On institutional challenges.
Stewardship in rough times.
It is bringing out the best in us.
It is good work to be doing.

We just had dinner, al fresco, on the patio behind the Meetinghouse.
The weather was perfect, the mood so peaceful and genuine. 
With gratitude to three folks finishing up their nine years on the board.
Affirming and celebratory and a little bit sad.

Now I am SO sleepy.
And we gather again tomorrow at 8 AM...

4 comments:

  1. Karen,
    I do admire your involvement and leadership in your church.
    This quilt is so pretty and pictures of a dorm room and a teddy on the pillow bring me back to the days when our Kate was in college.
    I'm so glad you're still posting while away.
    Safe journeys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called Shelby over to see "Buddy" - if a college junior (?) can have a stuffed pal, she can have bun bun when she goes away next year! I love the quilt! Did Hannah pick out fabrics/design - or was it a surprise? Your words about Earlham are always inspiring, this post especially.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Deb! Tell Shelby that Stewart went off to college with his own "Bun Bun", a gift to him when he was born, from my Earlham roommate!

    Thank Judy and Deb both, for the compliments on Hannah's quilt. She selected the fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely, and well-loved, quilt! Nice to see that Hannah has a Buddy to snuggle with...my teddy bear went to college with me, and then was joined by a Snoopy dog.

    ReplyDelete