inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, July 17, 2009

after the storms

I was listening to VPR last night
when I heard that odd "emergency" sound from 
the National Weather Service.
Tornado warning!
Go to the basement, right now!
OK, OK.
I have not done that since we lived in Illinois.
Oddly enough, it passed south of us, 
and all I saw were very dark clouds.
Barely any wind.

These gorgeous clouds, with the sunset reflecting off of them
were all that was left when I came upstairs.  

There was, actually, tornadic activity southeast of us.
Hail the size of golf balls and trees down.
What a crazy summer!

1 comment:

  1. This afternoon there was a "microburst" storm with quarter-size hail in North Ridgefield - lots of lines down, branches, trees, etc.

    I don't remember this kind of weather (or tornados, fer cryin' out loud) when I was growing up. Stay safe, muchacha!

    ReplyDelete