inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, October 9, 2009

Nobel

I am posting this photo again, because this morning when I came downstairs to check in on the state of the world, I found the most delightful news. And the answer to the "WHEN" word is, this morning, as always, "NOW".

Congratulations to the Nobel Peace Committee for their clarity and conviction.

And congratulations to Barack Obama, Nobel Peace Prize winner!

In finding peace and recognizing the light in yourself, 
we say there's a hearth in your heart 
where the Creator has given you something very sacred,
a special gift, a special duty, an understanding.
And now is the time for us to clean out those hearths,
to let that inner light glow.
-Dhyani Ywahoo

My heart feels a bit more hopeful, inspired and companioned this morning. How about you?

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I was delighted with the news also!
    I hope this gives Obama added strength and a feeling of support as he works toward his goals, for the benefit of all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mixed feelings, but I hope this award leads to more action to come from noble words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Stew, everyone here is kind of in disbelief- I think this only solidifies his standing as a symbol... I want some ACTION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It struck me as such a wonderful surprise when J told me the news this morning I thought he was kidding and was waiting for some stupid punchline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There were many fine candidates, I know. He is "untested", yes. But he has brought diplomacy back to the White House and he has replaced fear with hope. And now he has the faith of the Nobel Committee to lean into....

    ReplyDelete