inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, February 1, 2010

oh, february...


you do not intimidate me!

you are a month full of wonderful things.

snuggling under cozy quilts
reading good books
healthy, steaming soups for supper
bracing walks in the fresh air
clearing out clutter
ordering garden seeds
valentine's day
a cat in a lap
clear blue skies
fresh snow
knitting warm things
an earlham board meeting
a visit to an old friend's
the winter olympics
cherry pie (on washington's birthday, of course!)
black history
a tiny glass of homemade raspberry cordial
the poetry of mary oliver
baking bread
snow tires
knowing that mother nature is re-energizing under ground

and...more of batman's flowering bulbs

what would you add to this list?
do tell.

6 comments:

  1. Love your list, Karen! I'd add "Surprise escape trip to AZ with hiking & lovely sunset dinners with my sweetie!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowdrops pushing through
    winter walks
    half term holiday
    a rag rug workshop...
    oh I love a good list!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. seed catalogs. I love the deluge of seed catalogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearing the first spring songs by Great tits (parus major)
    Few more moments of sunglight
    Hot chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list.
    Esp the cherry pie one. ;-)
    I will have to rely on your list for now as I'm having to do something difficult on Friday and Feb for me is going to involve missing one very special, best friend doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list! February is the month when i had to have my cat Lesley put down (6 years ago) and my mother died suddenly (two years ago), so it's not an altogether happy month for me. On the other hand, it's my father's birthday month and when we usually have our biggest snowstorm of the winter, so it's got some good points, too!

    ReplyDelete