inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, March 7, 2010

here and there


Yesterday, I got this text message from my brother Nelson, "In LA. Just picked up Oscar tickets! X". Can you imagine? We used to sit on the floor in our pajamas, playing with legos together. You can bet I will have my eyes on the red carpet tonight! Nelson in a tux? I want photos!

Batman and Lindsey and 7 of her pals from Boston are up at "a bit of earth" this weekend, for the annual  tree pruning party. They've also done some forestry work, and added firewood to the woodshed. According to Batman, the place looks like it survived the wild storms last week. Still lots of snow, but warm temperatures and bright sunshine. Even some maple taps in the neighborhood. And the mud season road signs are up. Wish I could be there...but I had a board meeting at Wooster School, and that was worth my time and energy, too.

I will be doing a bit of freshening up here at sewandsowlife, in preparation for a new chapter. Some things will change as I try to simplify the look of my blog over the next few days. At long last, several different parts of my life are aligning. I look forward to sharing them with you soon.  My little mantra,"an empty nest is full of possibilities", has guided me well.

Enjoy the day!

6 comments:

  1. How exciting! We don't see it till tomorrow-Not That I know what Nelson looks like anyway. Going to get Fantastic Mr Fox on DVD so I can watch it again!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. legos!
    played those with my brothers too.
    so happy for Nelson, what fun.
    love hearing about "a bit of earth"
    glad things are coming together in a way that feels right.
    i love your blog how it is but i will roll with the changes and cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you're working at. Thanks for linking to me, Karen!
    Your little brother is one very talented fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Nelson enjoyed the fun. And, looking forward to hearing about your new directions.

    ReplyDelete