inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

tuesday afternoon

+this morning, i made this pillow for my friend, juana's birthday.
+this is the back, with another upcycled blouse button placket, used as the closure.
+and here's a peek at my (new) label, folded over and sewn into a seam. 

+our friend, "a", is safely out of afganistan, after serving two years, plus with the aga khan foundation.
thank goodness she is safe, and we stand in awe of her courage and spunk. we can't wait to give her a hug when we see her in VT this summer!

+gretta is very excited that she will hear vandana shiva speak tonight. (i hope she will blog about it tomorrow)!

+it is still raining here in southwestern connecticut.  it has been a remarkable two weeks of wetness, but the weekend forecast looks spectacular...

+and despite some scary stuff in the news these last few days, i choose hope and keep steering away from the fear.
how about you?

4 comments:

  1. The Spring weather gives me hope! And seeing cute youngsters at Dairy Queen last night!

    I love the fabric in that pillow! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I watch the news anymore I just feel like I've been transported to some alternate psychotic universe. it blows my mind that these things can go on today. I know that sometimes I live in a bubble, but I'm always surprised by what I see outside of that bubble. yes, I want to keep the hope.

    I love that pillow, and your label!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All sorts of wonderful news...and what a beautiful pillow! I'm studying the picture carefully because i saved an old Oxford shirt for this purpose, then wasn't quite sure how you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. next week, i'll take a stab at writing my first tutorial...on how to use a button placket as a pillow closure.

    ReplyDelete