inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

today I am 54 and life just gets better.

Here is a picture of the amazing gift my friend Judy made for me.
It's a fabric portrait of my sweet Henry cat, 
inspired by this photo I posted a year ago in February.

Look closely and you can see his whiskers and corduroy-ish forehead.
I was so moved by this thoughtful gift that I got a bit weepy.
And I'm deeply grateful to Judy for her generosity of spirit.
(and also charmed by the way she attributed her inspiration
on the back of the piece, no copyright infringement here!)

So, later today "I'm on the road to find out"*
as I review this past year's road map and consider what might be
on the horizon for this coming year.
I have a good feeling about things...

*with thanks to Cat Stevens

P.S. for a very funny blast from the past, check this out.

11 comments:

  1. Karen, "Happy Birthday" and many thanks for your kind comments. It is a joy to make something for a fellow artist and a wonderful friend like you!
    Enjoy your birthday and may it be an inspiring and productive year!!
    Breathe in the sweetness of life - I know you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Karen and enjoy the sunshine on this lovely spring day!
    What a wonderful gift, the detail is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Reed! Have a great day!

    Sarah P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Karen! With best wishes for a glorious day and a very productive year. Your friend Judy is a true friend to gift you with such a treasure. The detail work is fabulous. Henry looks like Henry, handsome dude that he is. And you're wise not to fret over a birthday's number, for tis only a number as the age is in the heart and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy special day, Karen! I'm listening to "Fellowhip of the Ring" on CD as I quilt, and Hobbit's give other people presents on their b-day's - so it was lovely to receive one from you. Sitting at my computer listening to Cat Stevens was my blast from the past! And beautiful treat from Judy - I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy birthday to you and your beautiful hands. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, I missed it. I'm sorry. I've been late late, absent. Happy Birthday dear Karen.
    And what a gift. I would've gotten teary too. Amazing. How fun to see your kitty and hyacinth come alive like this. I love that she gave credit on the back too. Sweet. This is such a special gift. I'm awed by it.
    Hope your day was divine and your new year too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! and what a lovely gift to receive.
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello Karen. So sorry that i missed your birthday! It looks like a wonderful day, with such a lovely gift from Judy. Best wishes for another wonderful year of growth, discovery, good health, and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated but heartfelt birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay so your only 54....rejoice
    and your friend's talent...wow!
    happy b day

    ReplyDelete