inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Saturday, April 24, 2010

a walking pouch

A linen selvedge, French knots and lightweight canvass.
Well, the original project was, shall we say...unsuccessful?
Yesterday, while finding sanctuary in my studio, 
from the upheaval of a crew of painters, *
I did some spontaneous play...
...and created this little pouch.
Perfect for my get-your-butt-outside walks.
Just enough room for a set of keys, a license and phone/music.

It feels so good to rescue and transform
 the energies of a disappointment!

*will post photos of the newly lovely walls next week.

7 comments:

  1. Since I'm not the creative genius you are, I bought one at Target lately for my excursions in the woods. It's a bit larger and can hold ~ my keys, phone (only when I want to be available, so usually not), notebook & pen for blog thoughts, baggie in case Keenan decides to make a "deposit" in an inconvenient spot and kleenex for, you know!

    Mine is boring black. Yours is beautiful!
    Can't wait to see the studio.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect size, Karen!
    A great "rescue" and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous- I love all the details. I made a similar little bag for my 1 1/2 year old to collect rocks and twigs and feathers in. This is obviously much more chic. : ) xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beauty! Even more special since it extra time and care to reinvent it - brava!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i LOVE this. I loved that piece of stitching. I think I need a pouch like this for my walks. You should sell them!!!

    ReplyDelete