inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

clouded in

the painters are gone
and we are gradually putting furniture back... 
in new places to see how it looks.
(we've got to "mix it up" a bit or we'll turn into old farts.)
the forecast was for sleet.
it almost did, but not quite.
my antidote was a fragrant pot of stew simmering on the stove.
it's good to have hannah's company around the house.
she has a few summer jobs lined up,
and she will be teaching spanish 
at a friends' (quaker) boarding school in the fall.
salary, benefits, room and board.
she's a keeper.
{three down, one to go.}
bittersweet. 

what are you up to today?

4 comments:

  1. would you believe I'm making stew..right now...
    great minds...
    I'm stuck at home..have lent my car to my visiting sisters in law to visit their sister and my husband's sister in the hospital in ICU
    Boy she has a will to live
    They are a crazy family...not my husband but the others....I'm hanging in there...barely...Now I know why he kept his distance from them all these years...
    but they are his sisters..all 7 of them
    and they shared a very difficult childhood
    but am I glad to be home alone making stew...Now what was your question :0
    thanks for listening

    ReplyDelete
  2. this all sounds so nice.
    I love your snippets.
    yay for Hannah. That sounds perfect.
    I am trying to find a green for my new bedroom, well you know, if it all works out the way I'm hoping and I stay here and move back into the bedroom.
    And I really like that green on your wall.
    Do you know the name of it by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. suz, you crack me up. (but i do hope things get better at your house)

    will look for the name on the extra "touch up" can of paint down cellar, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the green in my kitchen is "kittery point green"
    benjamin moore HC-119 (from their historic collection).
    it's been here nine years, and i still love it.

    ReplyDelete