inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, May 20, 2010

pity party

our dear sweet henry has not been acting himself
these last few days.
we've been to the vet and he's had x-rays (!).
we think he has wrenched his back (!).
(doing what, i wonder?)
as the vet said, "wouldn't you just love to have a nanny cam
 to see what our pets are up to all day?" 
here he is, sleeping on the porch,
with some pain meds in him to help in his recovery.

and lucky me!
i am prepping for tomorrow's colonoscopy.
(i do not mention this to make you queasy...)
i have a family history in this department, 
and so i am very dutiful about my
more-often-than-usual procedures.
like with so many nasty things, the trick is early detection.
since i'll be under the influence,
i'll not be posting tomorrow. 

if you are of a certain age, 
please be tested.
it's important.
thank you.


11 comments:

  1. Poor Henry! And poor you! But you're right, better to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you and your dear Henry in our thoughts. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Henry feels better soon!
    And good luck to you- I've had a couple of those not so fun c-scopes myself, for other reasons. At least once you're done, you know you don't have to do it again for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Karen,
    Hope all goes well with your test, and that Henry is feeling better soon!
    Take care,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Reed. I'm still working up the courage to schedule my appointment!

    And poor sweet Henry. I hope he feels better soon.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor HenHen. I was just reading an article put out by my vet about how it is sometimes difficult to tell if cats are in pain. Wishing Henry a speedy recovery!

    Routine tests are certainly a drag, but I try to be grateful I have the resources to get them!

    xoxo Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wish Henry feels better soon. and i'm really proud of you for doing such an uncomfortable examination and even inspiring others to follow your lead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you calm recuperating time with Henry on the porch, snuggled in one of your wonderful quilts, with a cup of tea and a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you and Henry are back to 100% real soon.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading backwards again.
    Poor Henry. Glad he has some pain meds.
    Good for you for being tested. What a pain in the....
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How's Henry? Would he like to borrow Estorbo's camera? It fits around the neck and takes pics at timed intervals.

    ReplyDelete