inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, June 20, 2010

it's a scorcha, yes it is!

On Wednesday, as the carpet guy rolled out the new wall to wall he said, "This is one of our best values". I answered, "Well, ya, I have lots of other things I'd rather spend my money on than carpet!" In any case, Henry has given it his seal of approval.  And now the bookcases have been moved into my new studio, and I've got all my books exactly where I want them. The rest comes later...

Batman and I have been ripping through our weekend list of things to do. The weather here has been hot and humid, just in time for summer. We finally slowed down mid-afternoon. We are now under the ceiling fan, while Batman channel surfs between the World Cup/ baseball/the US (golf) Open. It is Father's Day, after all. I am enjoying a concoction of ice, a splash of white wine and a few glugs of sparkling water...

So here are some links I've been meaning to share...just a bit of internet wanderings.

I first "met" Bobbi last fall, when we were doing the Art Every Day Challenge. Lately, she has been writing a series on herbs, my favorite has been her post on lavender. Bobbi posts often about the art she's working on. She's an inspiration.

Judy has just returned from a trip, and look at her beautiful work, inspired by the landscapes in Italy. She's also adopting two kittens this week, I'll bet there will be some cute pictures ...

When the oil mess in the gulf begins to overwhelm me, I head over to Lovely World, where there are beautiful things to look at. And more. And something to do, if you are able to be near the sea on June 26th.

And I invite you to go on over to my dear friend Mary's blog, to read about something you can do to help fight the ugly beast of cancer. It's quick and easy. (I have a handful of friends with cancer, who I am keeping in my thoughts. Maybe you do too).

Do you have any good links to share?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Karen, it was a scorcha here too!
    I was surprised to see myself mentioned when I came over here to visit!! Great links! Honestly, my favorite link is your blog. I visit nearly every day and love seeing what you're up to!
    I'll be posting pictures of the kitties on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, I always love reading your blog. Thanks for the post! I thought you might be interested in my new blog that I am planning to post to about once a week in connection with my new job!

    jamieutt.wordpress.com

    I would love to hear your thoughts.

    Also, have you every seen IMMD? http://itmademyday.com/ So often these little posts make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Reed. Thank you for including my blog link in your post among the links to all the others that are so lovely. The subject of mine isn't so lovely... I'm grateful to you for sending others my way, as I try to encourage people to stand firm against this disease and the impact it has on the lives of its victims and their loved ones.

    This morning I'm looking out my window, on this very gray day (AGAIN), to my bed of lavender. It sure helps to brighten the landscape back there. LOVE lavender and appreciate the link above.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link Karen! It's always fun to see what other bloggers are reading:) I went over to the Hands Across the Sea site and there is an event scheduled for just down the street from me here. We've had our own little oil spill that is impacting our birds, so I will definitely be there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention of my blog! I'm enjoying the cat photography.

    ReplyDelete