inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, July 25, 2010

life

four little pots by four little children...
nestled on a shelf at "a bit of earth".

each similar, yet different,
with little fingerprints in the clay.

and this month they are (temporarily) in far flung places, 
stewart in new mexico,
lindsey in guatemala,
hannah in italy and germany
and gretta just an hour down the road here in vermont).

doing their grown up work.
just as it should be.
xoxoxoxxo

6 comments:

  1. Nice to have those little fingerprinted treasures tucked safely on your shelf while those now grown-up children cover the map, all doing their thing!
    missing you
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my...I caught that
    been there many times
    it seems to hit me with the late afternoon sun
    those we love and let go of but hold on to

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sweet, Karen. I felt a tug at my heart as I read this.
    Kate is in Toronto, back from New York, soon to be in Banff. Aren't we good parents to give them both roots and wings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some pots just like this on my kitchen windowsill. My kids made them. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter how far they are, you are all so close as a family.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what sweet little pots...so different and yet so similar...much like your children, i suspect! It's wonderful that they're on their way as young adults yet have their roots firmly planted in the values you as parents gave them.

    ReplyDelete