inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, September 24, 2010

fending off the grey skies outside

yesterday i found these pretty handmade paper leaves in
an envelope from my mumsie who lives in massachusetts.
she is one clever girl, and she still believes 
in the pleasure of snail mail!
and the beeswax candles were a gift from my buddy, terry.
(thanks, ladies!)
as my sewing room/studio rehab continues on, 
i have found myself *distracted* by some of the things i've discovered.
this wild skirt (left) was in my repurposing bin,
the solid pink and old calico
were in the cottons section of the stash,
and the beautiful trim, well, it's still waiting for a project.
don't you think they were all meant to be together?
maybe a pillow?
do YOU have any ideas for what to make?
let me know, and i'll see what i can do about it!

later today, i am meeting batman at IKEA.
i am wanting something like this,
but we will have to price it out.

last night i went to the opening reception
 of my friend jane's one woman show
and i was blown away by seeing so much of her work in one place.
she is such an inspiration to me.

hey friends, happy friday!

6 comments:

  1. That Ikea table is too good! I too am looking toward a work room clean-up and clean out. Even when I have the illusion of tidiness, my storage system is so disorganized. I should probably let go of some things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those grey skies
    but your table cheered me up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty table, Karen! The sun just came out here!
    Wowza, that Ikea table setup looks wonderful!!
    Wish I could see Jane's show in person.
    Hope you have a great weekend!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it...the Ikea Hacker thing. You'll get so much use out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric says funky apron to me, for crafting or cooking, child or adult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking a fun abstract notepad cover to brighten up the grey days to come. Enjoy whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete