inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Saturday, September 18, 2010

high ho, come to the fair

last year we had such fun at the tunbridge worlds fair,
we went back again this year!
the floral hall and the veggie tables are full of the season's bounty.
local honey for sale.

the cavalcade!

the rides!

spinning demos in the sheep barn.

can't think of a better way to spend a sunny day in vermont.
appreciating the hard work of the summer months,
getting ready to do the hard work of the autumn season,
but taking a break in between to celebrate rural life.

7 comments:

  1. I love this time of year, we have Harvest Festival in school soon, you seem to have had a lovely day out.
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the honey diplay. Thanks for the trip to the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, sounds so great!!
    I'm looking forward to the Topsfield country fair coming up here in northern MA !

    ReplyDelete
  5. one day I'll have to make it there! my father in law submitted veggies for competition there. gotta call and see if he won anything this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to the Tunbridge Fair when we lived further north. I remember that there was so much to see. My daughter was only 1, and my son wasn't born yet. Makes me realize all the time that has passed!

    ReplyDelete