inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

wednesday ramblings

walking past the hum of this butterfly bush, 
i was delighted to see it covered with fat, happy bumblebees.

have you seen this fabulous YouTube video?

i am reading this, and it's pretty amazing.

my sewing room-to-studio transformation is in full swing
(read that, total disaster area!).
here's a sneak peek at one of the tidier areas:
i was a little surprised by what began to accumulate on these shelves,
yet when i stepped back,
i realized so many dear people are with me in spirit right here.
a box made by my brother, nelson.
my maternal grandmother's sewing basket.
a bunch of baskets made by my dear friend, franny.
metal boxes, gifted by a friend,
filled with vintage buttons from her aunt.
even boxes saved from organic teas long since savored.

with regret, i am taking out all the stitches on my finished cowl.
thinking, "who needs to size a cowl?",
i cast on without doing a gauge piece first.
well, it's way too big.
and my dad's mantra
"measure twice, cut once"
is ringing in my ear still!

loving all the fall veggies!
tonight we'll have brussels sprouts with m. heart's recipe.
(it's great with or without the tofu).

and i seem to have a lot of friends who need
extra care and love right now.
i am visiting and bringing picnic lunches to folks close by
and sending notes and love to those far away.
helpless/hopeless has no place in my life.
we do what we can, eh?
every little bit helps.

september is childhood cancer awareness month.
let's chase those demons away, ok?
please pop over here to do a little something.
(it's wicked easy).
thank you. xoxoxoxox



7 comments:

  1. I want another dog! I'll take the golden, thanks. Noticed your new tag line - new branding at work? Love the pumpkins, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself kind of drooling as I look at your "tidy area"! I wish I such a tidy area in my studio. It's terribly scary in there.

    I love your new banner. Pumpkins make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I enjoy your Wednesday ramblings!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nook with all the gathered things
    ..grandma's sewing box...mmmm
    I think I will try that recipe...I'll have to eat it all...hubby doesn't like anything in the cabbage family...
    and thanks for caring
    and for your caring words
    I'm fine...just pondering a bit too much
    I'm just about to shake off the dust and get going

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the nod over to my blog reed
    love the butterfly bush close-up and your studio is really shaping up
    SO tired here
    this job training is really testing my brain among other things :)

    xo
    p

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT....LOVE IT. I love the studio, and I love the new pumpkins, and I love the new tagline. I can tell good things are happening over there and you are getting things DONE! I'm rooting for you!
    xoxo Han

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made that recipe the other night myself! It's actually thanks to Ruth at Ruth Writes that we are enjoying the sweet sprouts and tofu...

    ReplyDelete