inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, October 18, 2010

celebratory stitching

years ago, judy worked with my brother nelson,
and then became friends with my mumsie.
now, thanks to judy's blog, and recent meet ups,
we have become friends.
i am so grateful for her friendship.
this spring, we took jane's online class together,
and we decided to be "lab partners",
sharing feedback with one another, and comparing notes.
judy's perspective really helped me grow and stretch.
linen, cotton fabric, embroidery floss, vintage buttons, 
frayed selvedges, cotton thread

when she stitched me a beautiful portrait of henry for my birthday,
i started thinking of what i could do for her.
her recent sewing room rehab inspired the color palate,
and i had these vintage buttons, just waiting for a project...
so i made her this wee wall hanging.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JUDY!

5 comments:

  1. Giant hugs, Karen!!!
    The wall hanging is in my kitchen for now, where I can enjoy it first thing each morning, but will soon find its way to my sewing room, where it indeed fits in perfectly!
    I love it.
    Thank you so much!!!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh reed, another gorgeous work of art. Like I said last night ~ you go! It was so great to hear your voice. Thank you for all the encouragement. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous! Linen is such a perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, what a treat!!!! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful stitchery! love the vintage buttons as flowers! Happy birthday, Judy!

    ReplyDelete