inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, October 1, 2010

studio pics, despite the rain!

here are some of the old cupboards that batman and i wrestled out 
onto the lawn on saturday.
we peeled old wallpaper, sanded and scrubbed them.
hauled them up onto the porch and painted them, 2 coats.
last night we set the rehabbed cupboards up in 
my new studio space and did a little happy dance!
i'm still not sure about the aqua curtains, am waiting 
for a sunny day to decide if i really love them or not.
ugly plastic bins are hiding behind door number one.
i used bits of the very special fabric from ink and spindle 
as an applique accent.
this little birdy lives down in the corner, by my sewing machine,
on the curtain helping to protect my thread rack from dust and sunlight.
dedicated bookshelves for sewing/quilting/knitting only.

next week there will be a studio art tour,
and if we're lucky, a peek at the island?

PLEASE BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN AND 
READ THE POST I WROTE THIS MORNING.
thanks.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that bookshelf helps me feel better about my addiction to quilting books! I'm sure I own more than I could ever create from in this lifetime, but I love them so. . . :-) I like the turquoise, and especially that little birdie over your thread rack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks great Karen, I like the bright turquoise it sets of the paint work.
    Well done!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the turquoise curtains! It's such a cheery color and looks great against everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new creative space..... love what you have done..... thanks for sharing. I always like to see other creative spaces/studios.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful space! I think the aqua is gorgeous against the grey:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely lovely space! and such a nice use of the precious ink&spindle fabric!

    ReplyDelete