inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

filling you in on this and that...

tomorrow's project...
PIES!

Taking a tea break to catch my breath and update you on a few of my recent posts...

HENRY had his teeth cleaned last week and while he was anesthetized, our vet took some tissue samples from under his chin (some for biopsies, some for culturing). He has four little sutures on his chin which must not be scratched, and thus the cone. He is moping a bit and I know we'll both be glad when the cone comes off next week. Thanks for all your questions and concerns. We appreciate your good thoughts, for sure.

THE CROWS are part of a piece I did for a swap, and I'll be happy to show the whole piece once it has reached its destination. I was stuck for a while, but had a flash of insight while riding home on the train from NYC the other night.  I think sometimes my wee brain just needs a little space to process ideas.

My friend Potts' comment on THE GRAINS reminded me of the poem I read at my dad's memorial service in 2003. You can read it here. There really is something magical and awesome and comforting about fields of grass.

Tonight, Batman will drive to La Guardia to fetch Gretta from her journey home for the holidays. May I just say that I am excited to share my new studio space with her, and get into some crafty mischief together?

Thinking of all of you this week, dear blog buddies. Grateful for the connections we've made near and far...




2 comments:

  1. Crafty mischief with a daughter is one of the Universes best blessings! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all ONE... oh Reed, so beautiful
    missing you a whole bunch these days
    bump your "e" with Gretta's and get into some really good mischief together!
    xo

    ReplyDelete