inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, November 7, 2010

grand tour of the studio

To see how this whole adventure began in April, look here.
To see a wee bit of before and mid stream, look here.
And here's how it looks today...
To read about what's on the shelves, look here.
These are the cupboards that hide all of...
...this!
Sewing, quilting, knitting and needlework books.
(To the left, a door into the rest of the house, 
to the right, a door to the outside.)
I'm thinking of putting up a bulletin board over my desk, 
to post scraps of inspiration...words and pictures and such.
The chair is from my Great Uncle Quinn's log cabin.
My Meyer lemon tree (right) is sporting a few small, green lemons.
Here's the fabulous storage/cutting island.
Plenty of room to spread out!
No matter what's going on in the rest of the house,
this space is filled with calm and peace and possibilities.
The lovely linens are from my cousin in Sweden.
The turquoise stool is from my GramMuriel's kitchen. 
Here's a picture taken from the balcony.
Our beat up old denim sofa wouldn't fit where it was headed, 
so it's staying put in this room.
I'm actually delighted, because it has become a favorite place for 
 Henry cat to join me in the morning sunshine. 
It's also a great place to have tea with friends,
to read and write and dream.

Want to come over?

19 comments:

  1. Ooh, how lovely! What a peaceful space . . . and a colorful stash! I'd love to come visit sometime . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely.
    If I weren't so entranced with my own re-do, you betcha I'd be right over.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fabulous studio...light and airy, so beautifully organized with a calm and peaceful feeling! Enjoy and I hope you are inspired to do many wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen, this is so wonderful! I love all the light, covered storage, room to work! Yes, I'll be over to have some tea and sit with Henry!
    So happy for you - you deserve it!
    Enjoy!!!!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT TO COME OVER!!!!
    I can't wait to see it when I am home in December!
    xoxo Han

    ReplyDelete
  6. This studio oozes you, Karen! Simplicity & beauty studded with meaningful pieces of connection to others. Congrats on creating such a wonderful haven for your creative spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see it in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks wonderful! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. like right out of a magazine
    I love the light in the room
    and your family's things
    my mother would love that cutting table
    just beautiful
    I'll be over tomorrow...10 am?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm on my way! My studio is in the middle of the re-do and is a mess, so I'm really looking at yours longingly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just looking at the beautiful photos again and realizing there are wonderful open spaces on the walls. . . .for quilts to come?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful space! I can see you madly creating in there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. dreamy!!!! Love your style and taste and wow, the light and color is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your space is so perfect - it is a space I can imagine you in - all the light, the basket collections, the zen-like calm. Just lovely. Glad to catch up on your wonderful posts here! Paperwhites...I think I need to get some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful space for creating!! Is it always so CLEAN????

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a very pretty studio with a good light. Ideal for working.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have the most loveley room I Ever seen. Thanks

    ReplyDelete