inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the year of making things

can you guess what i'm up to in my studio today?

i often listen to vermont public radio's audio stream online.
 vermont edition, hosted by jane lindholm is one of my favorites.
today's broadcast, "2011-the year of making things" caught my attention.
you can listen to it here.

jane had a great conversation with two vermont women
who are in the thick of all things handmade...

last summer, i wrote about my visit to
the bobbin sew bar and craft lounge.


and i have just visited emily blistein's lovely blog
clementine.

it may be sleeting and icy outside,
but i am feeling snug and content and inspired
by kindred spirits.

what projects have you been working on this january?




3 comments:

  1. hmmm, what ARE you up to now?
    can't wait to see what it is
    i notice you were over at my place for a visit so you know what i'm up to! thanks for your support, my friend... always
    missing you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you could be making tea towels? I'll have to listen to that VPR podcast when i get home...love the idea of 2011 as being the year of making things. Would you believe i'm still trying to make my 2010 holiday cards???

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would guess a tea cosy...which is funny since when we were sewing today chez keller, i looked at the teapot and realized i'd never made one for myself..."great tea minds drink alike" (my bad...)

    ReplyDelete