inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

mid february check in

i'm feeling inspired by spring scents and colors on the windowsill
and this fabric and more repurposed jeans in my sewing studio.

i'm grateful to have challenging and good work to do on two boards.
read a little bit about some of it here.

while i was at earlham college (i will share more about that next week), 
batman spent the weekend in burlington at the winter conference of NOFA-VT,
and heard the keynote speaker, bill mckibben
batman and i continue to work at our dreams of a rural life.

after my week of being under the weather
batman and i share a renewed commitment to eating more mindfully
(funny how that happens...)

our family conference call last night was filled with 
love and fun banter, and i am reminded of how truly 
blessed we are.

the spring equinox is closer to us than the winter solstice
and we can feel it every day.

inspired, grateful, work, commitment, love, banter, blessed...
this is my kind of accounting!

how about your mid february check in?
i would love to hear from you.
xo



10 comments:

  1. Mid February is when I start to crawl out of the winter doldrums just a little bit, and March is when I get more fully back on track. I'm looking forward to that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your check-in list. Here, we've had a rough start to the year so I've really been trying to remain sane and positive by appreciating the smaller and simpler things in life and reminding myself that this too will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am REALLY enjoying the colors in that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so blessed in my life to have so many people to love...i am especially grateful to one friend who has kindly, but firmly pushed me to getting back to sewing...thus i have an almost finished new table-topper plus a good sense of accomplishment as a quilter, but more so as a friend who listens when someone cares. so thanks for the encouragement and careing.
    love those crocuses and that fabric. tqoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been enjoying our little spring teaser here:) That is some beautiful fabric@

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower photos and that fabric just quickened my heart! I could feel spring in them!
    You and Peter are so involved in good causes - I do admire you, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really needed the reminder to stop and check on things.. and maybe even stop and smell the hyacinth. I'm scrambling, but will have to slow down. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like the idea of a family conference call, with my folks and sis elsewhere. As far as things over here, I'm reexamining what I feed the kids--I talk a good game but sometimes don't always cook one. And with all the white outside, I'm ready for the Green Hour and hope to get us all outside everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work, Mom!
    I have steeled myself for about two more months of winter so I'm not in a hibernating funk yet. Things that are helping: making a serious dent in my 25lb bag of King Arthur flour by baking for friends, finally starting some sewing projects, visiting beautiful natural areas outside the city on weekends, and keeping up "snail mail" correspondence! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm... i would say my check in includes gratitude for the recent generosity of others that we are paying forward within the cancer world, hope for some good news on several fronts and continued baby steps into a skewed future while taking deep breaths

    ReplyDelete