inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

another guest post from lindsey

Our daughter Lindsey works in Boston and has a wonderful posse of friends, who get together often for potluck suppers. Here she shares a recent crafty project...


I had been lamenting the lack of cloth napkins in my apartment and thought that each of these wild fabrics (all fat quarters) would suit one of my friends - that way returning guests can easily identify "their" napkin and reuse it when they're over for supper. This was a really fun, easy, and useful project for a Sunday afternoon!

I started by reviewing an excellent tutorial online and decided to start with 15" squares. Ironing the edges and pinning the corners on the first napkin was a good test for my patience (which isn't saying much because I have quite a reputation as an impatient seamstress), but by the third one I felt like a pro. Now that I've got them down, I'm considering adding some embroidery, making sets to give away, or modeling some after Mom's.

4 comments:

  1. You should be proud! Like mother like daughter when it comes to crafting.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Lindsey! What time is supper?
    xo
    potts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors, Lindsey!! Friends will not forget which napkin is which, that's for sure! Terrific project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am joyful that the apple didn't fall far from the tree...that mighty oak

    ReplyDelete