inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, May 29, 2011

work in progress

since my sweet sewing machine is in the shop for her annual tune up,
i've put together a portable handwork project.
using the english paper piecing method shown in this book,
i'm making a ball for another expected baby!
(yes, bobbi, you spotted some sock monkey fabric).
the author uses cottons and linen together in a most lovely way.
i got a little bit impatient with the fussiness of the prep work,
but the ease and precision in the actual sewing has been worth the effort.

have any of you used i love patchwork ?
what project did you try?

4 comments:

  1. I did paper piecing when I was in my teens - that was how people did patchwork over here then. I made some cushions - in quite horrid colours I seem to remember, because it wasn't easy to get nice fabric in those days. I haven't seen that book, but it looks a good one.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work has always reminded me of Zakka, Karen.
    Haven't seen the book, but the fabric ball is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used that book, but I've visited the author's blog and love her linen projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book. Try the zip pouch. I have made many of these!

    ReplyDelete