inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

blast from the past

Batman and I have been doing some deep cleaning around here. We've been hauling stuff out of closets, painting the insides a bright white, and sorting through the debris. I experienced a wave of nostalgia as I unearthed this child sized quilt I made for Lindsey when she was a toddler (she's 27 now). It was a "quilt as you go" pattern, which sounded like a great idea when I set out to make it, but I do remember it getting a bit frustrating as I got into the project. 
I was a quilting novice back then, but this little piece was stitched so full of love and comfort! Then, of course, in true Reed style, when Lindsey graduated to a big bed, this quilt was passed on down to Hannah and then Gretta. It will go into the "keep" box.

We had a bit of a plumbing disaster this summer. Last week, I watched a video online that convinced me that Batman and I could install a new toilet. And, by gosh, this weekend we did. We had a few hilarious moments of confusion, but we did it! And it will be forever known as the "98 degrees and humid rescue mission to fetch Hannah epic road trip toilet replacement"! How's THAT for cryptic?

We are culling things for a garage sale, getting ruthless about getting rid of stuff, and crossing things off our extraordinarily long "to do"list...but we are on a mission.  Working our way closer to our "bit of earth"...

4 comments:

  1. ha ha...you have me wondering...
    I love your girl's names
    Yes, that precious quilt is a keeper...but..dilema...who gets it? since all of them snuggled in it..
    My girls still "argue" over who is getting what...especially now that AMeilia has a little one...Finn
    Just today I was washing raggedy ann clothes to put back on Sarah's doll..so I can stash it away for her child...whenever that happens..
    I love that Batman helps you....mine..not so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the energy you're bringing to these tasks, and the fact that you are that much closer to your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you girl. Who of us doesn't have WAY more than we need? Hope you find a few more sweet things to put on the keep pile and a few laughs along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your focus on your "bit of earth" is fabulous. I like how in nearly everything you do, it has an element of the "bit of earth" someplace within the action. Even if it is not directly named, you are on a direct path to that bit of earth.

    ReplyDelete