inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, October 24, 2011

discombobulated

I do believe I have been away much more than I have been home this month. Arriving back from VT yesterday afternoon, I took a deep breath and decided that today I would get myself back on track...
  • deep inventory of pantry, fridge and freezer
  • menu planning/grocery list making
  • car wash (you should have seen the mud from VT on my poor chariot!)
  • bank
  • post office
  • gas station
  • groceries
  • laundry
  • paperwork
Tomorrow will be filled with
  • baking a batch of granola
  • cleaning the house
  • (ahem) more laundry
  • baking a cake with the last of the carrots from our "bit of earth"
Then, perhaps by Wednesday, I can get back into my sewing studio and make some progress on the 101 projects that are lurking in my UFO pile and my imagination!

How about you? What are you working on as we're cruising into the last week of October? 


6 comments:

  1. Honestly, I'm contemplating Christmas cards, which I have abandoned the last two or three years. Maybe this year, I'll do them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I have been so busy at work that I haven't been in my sewing studio for awhile. In fact, it has only been the last week or so that I've started getting back into blogging and taking baby steps back into sewing and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also feeling the need to get back on track, but first I'll be at your place for carrot cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesterday I faffed today I am making rhubarb jam and green tomato chutney! more productive than yesterday!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been furiously de-stashing as I continue to strive for a serene sewing room! Tomorrow a batch of fabric goes to my friend's church's rummage sale - I feel lighter already!!
    Glad you're getting some time to recalibrate, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My electricians have been here all week continuing work on the farmhouse's total electric upgrade. It's proving a complicated job. Curious past wiring is yielding lots sleuthing followed by moving of furniture and wire pulling and dividing and reconfiguring of the new circuit breaker box. And I'm adding lighting where none existed before. House is totally upside down and every inch coated with dust, so I'd say my focus will be cleaning and resettling every room of the house! Satisfying work which I'll be doing with intention and a goal of finishing by the holidays.

    ReplyDelete