inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

voila

scrappy tote

Made 100% from my fabric stash.
No pattern, just some measuring and thinking.
(OK, and a tiny bit of cussing).
Even the handles are leftovers, from this project
that Batman and I had fun with years ago.
The side panels are leftovers from a quilt backing that I tie-dyed.

So glad to finish up a project,
and know that it all came from stuff I already had in the house.

 I'm looking forward to making my Day of the Dead
altar this afternoon.


Delicious dinner last night...
miso-curry delicata squash,
with tofu, chard, cilantro and pepitas
from here.


There is such energy (in nature, in the spirits that walk with us,
in our nesting instincts, in our kitchens) at this time of year,
can you feel it?

4 comments:

  1. Your little tote is so cute! Love all the fabrics and there is something very pleasing about making it all with what you have on hand.

    And so, so true about the extra energy felt right now. I think that feeling is also why November is such a favorite month of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure about energy on my part, but I love your bag and I am busy trying to make and create out of the impending gloom!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrappy tote, as well as the settee from which the handles came!! Yes, I do feel the energy in the air! Started Art Every Day Month today, so I'll be needing some of that energy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo-pretty new banner, Karen! Very serene.

    ReplyDelete