inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

birthdays near and far

Some birthday stitching for my cousin, Kristen.
To celebrate her day, six of us enjoyed a Sunday Farm Supper 
at Ariel's in Brookfield, VT.
Appetizer, entree and dessert,
all food sourced from farms within 10 miles of the restaurant.
Exquisitely Vermont.

Happy birthday to my youngest brother, Nelson, today.
I miss him, because he lives on the other side of the continent.
This fun Vimeo helped me feel a bit closer to him,
(do you have relatives that you miss?)
especially when the first slide he showed was of LEGO's
(the Lowry toy of choice)
He spoke at the Portland Art Museum
as part of the Portland/Creative Mornings series,
the importance of Arts+Tech
a themed month presentation in partnership with
the Rhode Island School of Design.

The piece is about 30 minutes long,
fascinating and entertaining.
(Just like Nelson)
xo

1 comment:

  1. You know I have a daughter that I miss, Karen, but we'll be seeing her in early August! So glad to hear about family get-togethers! We had one recently with family members we had never met! As for Nelson, I think he's a genius, as I thought 30 years ago when we worked together. The entire Lowry family is brimming with talent!!!
    Love that zipper pouch!!

    ReplyDelete