inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, September 6, 2012

thread therapy

Gretta wore out her old bag.
This is the new bag that will go into the mail tomorrow.
She pilfered these fabrics from my stash.
(She's back at school for her senior year in college!)
Instead of using interfacing,
I used lightweight cotton batting and did some machine quilting
to hold the layers together.
If the babushkas look familiar,
it's because I used them here.

I'll be heading to Hannah's apartment tonight
to hang the new curtains.
(Will take pictures).

The end of my summer in Vermont has evaporated.
As I often do, I am working out some of the re-entry kinks...
crafting things in my sewing studio.

It's nice to be back here at sewandsowlife.
:-)

3 comments:

  1. Love the bag, Karen! Playful fabrics and what could be better than a bag made by mom! I'll bet the batting makes it super sturdy.
    Looking forward to seeing those curtains!
    Sewing is so comforting, isn't it?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the figs, Karen! :)

    And the bag is lovely. I'm sure Gretta will love it! Can't wait to see Hannah's curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, where did that end of summer go? We haven't had rain since July, though, and are having a last hurrah of weather in the 90s, so I think I am ready for Fall! Nice bag.

    ReplyDelete