inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, May 19, 2013

the light at the end of the tunnel

dogwood from the yard
in the front hallway.
in the downstairs bathroom.
more dogwood in my studio,
in a lovely pitcher batman
brought me from london, years ago.
in the guest bathroom.
on the guest room bedside table.
in the master bath.
(batman's favorites).
my buddy liz, my flower guru,
gave me this simon pearce vase,
handcrafted in vermont.
in the dining room,
in one of my grandmother's pitchers.
on the kitchen windowsill.
in the living room, with landscapes painted by
my great grandfather.

the stager and photographer
arrive first thing tomorrow morning.

what a weekend it has been for batman and i.
there is a delicious weariness that comes
 at the end of good, hard work.
arranging flowers and sipping a glass of wine
 are my rewards.

the rest is up to chance, ganesh, st. joseph and karma.

8 comments:

  1. Your home looks absolutely beautiful, peaceful, garnished with gifts from nature, a breath of fresh air...
    I pray that just the right people walk through your door, feel the love and realize that this is just where they belong. Sending love and good wishes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all those flowers! Flowers in the house gives warmth and peace.....
    Enjoy them and of course enjoy your glass of wine.
    We just bought a delicious white wine from Menetou Salon, in the neighborhood of Sancerre. So fruity, so delicious, I wish I could send you bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending love and good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. may all your dreams come true...xo tqoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking beautiful! I'm guessing it will be hard to resist. That special buyer will be enchanted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so serene - sending my best energy your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ganesh, St. Joseph and Karma. I love it. Did you bury a St. Joseph in the front yard? I haven't yet, but I'm thinking of it here.

    It doesn't look like the stager is going to have much to do at your house!
    Good luck. My fingers are crossed for us both.

    ReplyDelete