inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

my clever mumsie

My Mumsie has a sunny studio where she draws, snips and glues to her heart's content. Shelves are filled with old family photos, fun little mementos and jars of markers and colored pencils (especially turquoise). Lately she has been working on ATC's (artist trading cards), and she uses tiny little bits of paper...from catalogs, magazines and her stash of special papers. Luckily, I have found a bunch of these in my mailbox lately and she has given me permission to share them with you here.
left: no!   center: no!    right: well, maybe

left: winslow homer   center: bad kitty!   right: hero worship

  
I love the way my Mumsie uses silhouettes and spare details to tell a story in each card. I especially love the top row, a series that  most every cat owner will appreciate.  

I suppose since these are artist trading cards, that means I need to get busy on a few of my own...

Thanks, Mumsie, for these snail mail treasures! xo

6 comments:

  1. So delightful, I love them all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are really cool! tqoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! You sure do have a clever mumsie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mumsie is such a talented lady! I had missed this post somehow, Karen, and I just love seeing her work here! I, too, have received a couple of ATCs from her, and will show them on my blog later today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous Karen. Your mumsie has such a good eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW! I just adore these. Would buy a pack of them as cards to decorate with and send to friends. I can't pick a favorite but I especially love the top panel and bottom panel. Love the woman reading! These are just fantastic! Does your mom have a blog?

    ReplyDelete