inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, January 28, 2016

scout tee #3

Today I stitched up another Scout Tee, using Grainline Studio's pattern, available here. See earlier versions here and here. A few of my nearest and dearest stitchers and I invented "sew/knit fest challenge 2016", in reaction to being fed up with conventional clothing...sloppy seams, questionable shop practices, high prices, shoddy fabric and general disappointment with overall quality of purchased garments. We have each pledged to sew and/or knit a garment or accessory each month, either for ourselves or as a gift. 

I think I got my stitching done just under the deadline for January!

Now I am off to pop Pride and Prejudice into the DVD player. The book was published 203 years ago today, and I do believe I will celebrate with a cup of tea.

4 comments:

  1. A very fitting way to celebrate 203 years I do believe. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also starting making my clothes once again. Tops like yours and flannel pj's for those cold winter nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done again!
    And i loved tour post about the dyeing workshop. So glad for you. I think i know how much you love those absic things. I have a small book Dyer's garden , written by Rita Buchanan . A very good book also when you want to start your dyeing garden. If you don't have it , mail me your address and i will send it to you. I don't use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun to catch up with your blog, Karen. You inspire me in so many ways. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete