inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, February 27, 2017

snowmelt








over by the stone wall,
where the woods and the meadow meet,
there is a rushing of water,
running down from the ridge above.

icy cold,
clear as glass,
boisterous and tumbling,
it sings as it falls.

this renewal of the earth...

 i am trying so hard to listen.
to the hope
and the determination that
these vernal streams are singing.

but if truth be told,
my spirit has an unsettled
and dark corner
where fear has set up housekeeping.
i do not usually allow him much space--
mr. fear.

but there he is,
fueled by egos and evil i cannot control.



i'll call him out of the dark corner
and i'll deal with him.
but right now we are just eying one another,
mr. fear and i.


11 comments:

  1. You are such a good writer/poet, Karen. I know what you mean about being unsettled by fear. I think real Spring weather will lift us up and help our souls, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind comment, Judy. Yes, spring is coming...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. When I try my best to find solace in nature, I lately immediately jump to thoughts about how our society is destroying the planet. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is all so overwhelming, Lori. Doing my best right now to maintain some sort of positive energy. xo

      Delete
  3. Nature's hand always outplays man's.
    Her balm cannot be overestimated.
    Fear's energy will always be transformed by love and faith and the company of soul sisters.
    Do you feel that embrace about your shoulders? It's me, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sharon, I appreciate your encouragement, across these many miles. And I thank you. xo

      Delete
  4. You have a wonderful way with words Karen. No matter how dark the days - spring always returns. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simone. I am just taking one day at a time lately. Trying to be productive and brave. xo

      Delete
  5. Love the tinkling of the newly melted water over stones. Tell mr. fear to go take an icy bath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tinkling of the newly melted water over stones. Tell mr. fear to go take an icy bath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm slogging right along with you, Karen. And to top off the anxiety that I have about our beloved planet and our democracy, I had to bid a heart-rending farewell to my beloved furbaby, Bayley.

    ReplyDelete